Saturday, February 19, 2011

fearfully and wonderfully made.

in addition to the journey of simply living in Africa, even from before I arrived, God has taken my heart on a journey, calling me to make little changes, little sacrifices in order to teach me lessons that have taken me too long to learn...

learning to love the unique and special way God has made me and every one else who I interact with.
understanding a fraction of the depth of His love.
treating everyone I know as I should, knowing the depth of His love for them.
not only knowing in my head but believing in my heart that I am indeed fearfully and wonderfully made.
leaving makeup, hairdryers etc. behind not only saved room in my suitcase, time in my day but God is using it to change the way I look at myself, and at others.

learning that we are indeed "fearfully and wonderfully made"
teaching me how to trust those words. and believe them when He speaks them.
that each person is unlike anyone else. that we uniquely mirror our Maker and He calls us to be wondrously, happily and perfectly who He made us to be

not being able to cover spots on my face or having tools to make my hair the way it "should be" with a curling iron for 4 months (not that these are bad. and not saying i won't use them when i return..) but removing them from my routine has has allowed me to rely on and really understand that God cherishes who i AMMM, not who i think i should be or what i want others to see me as. who He created created me to be. he rejoices over me no matter if my skin is "perfect" or if i am covered in dirt (or spit up these days). reflecting the fruit of the Spirit is more pleasing than presenting a "perfect" image.

these are Truths that my Father is gently and consistently reminding me. this journey, and His grace along the way is truly changing my life, bringing me closer to Him.

1 comment:

  1. and my dear friend changes my life.
    once again.
    you are so precious to me.
    this is beautiful.
    YOU. are. beautiful.
    keep radiating our Creator :)

    ReplyDelete